Research Assignment #1 (Due on Thursday, 2/4/16 at
12:00pm via Bb only) “What is Industrial Engineering?” Essay Assignment
Your assignment is to write a
single-page essay about “What is Industrial Engineering?” It must
be word- processed, single-spaced and at most one
page (no more, no less). Also, you must have a margin size of 1 inch on all
sides (i.e., where the top, left and rights sides are even) of your submitted
assignment. Occasionally, your article may not fully reach the bottom margin
due to the writing of your essay; thus, if this occurs, you must not leave
more than a 1.5” margin at the bottom in any case. If necessary, write a longer
essay! Font size must be 12 pt and the font type should be Times New Roman for
The entire essay must be composed of three
paragraphs (again, no more, no less) and these should discuss the following
(Paragraph 1) What is engineering? What is industrial
engineering (IE)? What’s involved in the field of IE? What educational
background is needed for IE?
(Paragraph 2) What are the various disciplines involved
with industrial engineering? What work can you do in the field? Why is it an
important field? What kind of careers can one have in IE?
(Paragraph 3) Why are you interested in industrial
engineering? What motivated you to study IE? What goals do you have for your
career in IE? What do you hope to accomplish once you graduate? To
assist you in completing this assignment, you may use 1-2 references/sources.
These can be journal articles, webpages, books, etc. At the top of the second
page, please write the following information: Name: John Doe Class: IEGR
204.002 Date: 2/4/16 Assignment: IE Essay Next, a proper bibliographic reference
MUST appear next (under your information) on this second page. Although many
reference styles exist, the only style that will be accepted in this class is
the APA-style as shown demonstrated on the next page.
First Author’s Last Name, First Initial. Middle
Initial., & Second Author’s Last Name, First Initial. Middle Initial. (year
of publication). Title of the article with only the first letter of the first
word in title or sub-title as well as proper nouns and acronyms are capitalized.
Name of Journal in Italics, volume in
italics (issue number in parenthesis and not in italics if known), first page
number-last page number.
APA Example: Pitts, Jr., R.A., & Ventura,
J.A. (2009). Scheduling manufacturing cells using Tabu Search. International
of Production Research, 47(24),
Additional formatting can be found at the Purdue
OWL website at http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/06/
and click the appropriate “Reference List” item on the left column for
the type of source you are using. Be sure that this is done EXACTLY as shown,
or you will lose points for a missing comma or period… or even if you forget
to italicize the periodical or book title, etc. Formatting is a very important
element when putting together your write-up in research.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.