Please see attached.i_18.03.xlsI-18.03
Anderson Metals manufactures and sells #3 steel rebar that is used in the construction of slabs
and driveways. The steel bar not only strengthens the finished concrete product, but it also has
unique properties such that its temperature related expansion and contraction matches that of
concrete. The product is manufactured and sold in 20′ long “sticks.” The product is generally
produced and sold to match customer demand, and there is not a significant amount of finished
goods inventory at any point in time. Summary information for 20X6 is as follows:
Sales were $20,000,000, consisting of 5,000,000 sticks.
Total variable costs were $11,000,000.
Total fixed costs were $8,000,000.
Net income was $1,000,000.
The general economic conditions appear to be deteriorating heading into 20X7, and there is some
concern about a reduction in sales volume. The following questions should each be answered
independent of one another.
What is the company’s break-even point in “sticks?” Can the company sustain a 30%
reduction in total volume, and remain profitable?
The company’s sole shareholder, Doug Anderson, generally lives off of dividends paid by the
business. The business typically declares and pays a dividend equal to 25% of net income.
If Doug needs to receive $100,000 in dividends for normal living expenses, what total
revenues must Anderson Metals produce in 20X7?
If total volume is expected to decrease by 20%, and the company wishes to continue to
produce a $1,000,000 net income by raising the per unit selling price, what revised per stick
price must be imposed? Will this strategy necessarily work?
If the company expects a drop in raw material prices to reduce total variable costs to $2 per
stick, but all other revenue and cost factors to be unaffected, what will be the revised breakeven point in sales and units?
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.