Group therapy represents a large portion of treatment opportunities for clients battling substance use disorders. Groups are an important part of treatment, allowing clients to feel as though they are not alone in facing a problem and that other people have faced similar problems and overcome them successfully. This particular assignment consists of two parts. For this assignment, assume that you have been working as an individual counselor at a substance abuse treatment center for some time now. Your supervisor has asked you to create a therapy group for a handful of the substance abuse clients that you and the other counselors work with. In order to identify the appropriate clients that can be placed in your group, your supervisor has asked you to prepare a report outlining the important points of the group you are forming:Part IPrepare a 1–2-page report detailing the following items in your group design:Goal(s) of group Group norms (such as attendance requirements, privacy, confidentiality, relationships with group members, etc.) Differences between therapy group and self-help groups Procedure for dealing with disruptive and/or resistant clients Form(s) of power to be used Consequences for relapse Procedure for dealing with a member leaving the group Part IIFor the next part of this assignment, read this passage and address the questions that follow:As the group leader, it is important to take time to look at some of the issues you may need to be aware of in yourself throughout each of the four stages of group development. For example, the second stage of group development includes an opportunity for clients to challenge or critique you. The way you handle criticism is an issue you need to identify and be wary of how you respond. Keeping this in mind, your supervisor has asked you to do the following:Reflect on your potential issues for each of the four stages of group development. Present at least two self-care strategies that you will be able to choose from in order to address these issues as they arise in your career. Write a 3–4-page paper that includes both parts of the assignment in Word format. Include a title page in APA format. Use scholarly resources, including your textbook to support your ideas.Apply APA standards to citation of sources Class text:LEARNING THE LANGUAGE OF ADDICTION COUNSELING 3rd ed. Geri Miller
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.