Specifically, what are the implications for your position that you are related to yourself as property given the distinction between alienable and inalienable rights ( Burnor & Raley)? To which of these distinctions does ‘property’ traditionally belong? To which would your notion of the ‘property-self’ now belong? Notice from the reading, that your view, if correct, would then imply that you did not have an inalienable right to yourself. That would mean that your right to yourself or your person could then be transferred or sold to another. This view can thus be seen as one of the central and necessary assumptions of the systems of traditional chattel-slavery and also of present day wage-slavery. If we assume that all slavery is morally wrong, then is this wrongness any indication of the plausibility of viewing the self as property?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.