All Calculations must be shown.
Work out these Ratios in simple whole numbers
35% wool, 65% rayon Wool_rayon=?
¾ cup butter, 1 ¾ cups flour Butter_Flour=?
2.5 cups milk, 4.5 cups flour Milk_flour=?
150ml cordial to 1 liter water Cordial_water=?
2. a) “Dry cement mix used for making concrete is made
by mixing sand, cement and gravel in the ratio 1:3:4. To make a total volume of
120 shovels of dry mix. How much of each ingredient should be used?
b) If you got $37.50 for 5 hours work, how
much do you get for 17 hours work?
3. a) We have a map scale 1:32000. How many kilometres
is represented by 1cm on the map?
b) Change the scale 1.5cm to 450meters into
a)The drug erythromycin comes in ampoules of
100mg per 2mL.
An adult patient requires 150mg. What volume of
drug is needed?
A child’s dosage is 5mg per kg weight. Tanya
weighs 22kg. How many millileters of dosage will she require?
drug tetracycline comes in 250mg and 150mg tablets. A patient requires 550mg of
tetracycline. How many whole tablets of
each strength will be needed?
5. 250mL cleaner is made up to a 4 liter solution.
a) What volume of water was added?
b) What is the percent concentration of the solution?
a) What is the gear ratio of these gears?
b) The large gear rotates at 60rpm. What is the speed of the
7. What is the mechanical advantage of the following
a) A 1.8meter crowbar opening a crate. The distance to the
edge of the crate is 1.6mb) A gangplank of 14meters rises 1.2meters.
8. Gerry uses a 3meter plank to roll barrels up to a shelf
1.5meters above the ground.
a) What is the mechanical advantage of using the plank?
b) What fraction of effort does he make?
c) He apples 10 Newton of force. What force is applied to
shift the barrels?
For the design below:a) Draw the next three shapes in the sequence.
b) Draw up a table for the first ten shapes in the sequence, and
the number of matches required to complete the shape.
c) Determine the word
relationship for the sequence of outputs.
d) Determine the formula which would
allow you to find the number of matches in any shape in the sequence.
e) Draw a graph of the relationship.
10. For the design below: a) Draw the next three shapes in the sequence.
b) Draw up a table for the first ten shapes in the sequence,
and the number of matches required to complete the shape.
c) Determine the word relationship for the sequence of
d) Determine the formula which would allow you to find the number
of matches in any shape in the sequence.
e) Draw a graph of the relationship.
11. A student banks $200 when she starts secondary College in
Grade 7. In Grade 8 she banks $250,$300 in Grade 9, and so on. She is at school
for 6 years.
a) Determine a formula relating the amount deposited during a year
(200,250,…) to how many years they have been saving(1,2,…).
Because the deposits are increasing, the formula for the bank
balance is more complex and is not a linear relationship. Answer the following
using a table.
b) What is the total amount she has banked by the time she
finishes after 6 years?
c) If she continued banking in this manner after she leaves
school, how many years(from the start) will it take for her balance to exceed
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.