Assignment 2: Pros and Cons of DSM DiagnosisThe Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) was originally developed in 1952 to help doctors and counselors across the country standardize the classifications of mental disorders in the American population. Throughout the intervening years, the DSM has gone through several revisions, establishing specific diagnostic criteria for each disorder listed, and revising disorders as more was understood about their origins, symptoms, and treatments. The DSM III (1980) marks the point when substance use disorders were moved to a category of their own, separate from personality disorders. Today, the current DSM lists the diagnostic criteria for substance use disorders.While these standardized diagnostic practices have been in use for more than sixty years, there are some pros and cons in the use of the DSM diagnoses of substance use disorders in the assessment of clients.Complete the following requirements:Evaluate, in detail, the pros and cons of using DSM diagnoses as the primary classification structure for clients with substance use disorders.Examine the assessment types used to diagnose clients with substance use. Choose two of these assessments that would not only help to diagnose the substance use disorder, but would also assess the whole person. Explain them fully.Compare and contrast the two assessments chosen regarding how they will evaluate the whole person and not just the specific DSM diagnostic criteria.Justify the value of using assessments that evaluate the whole person rather than just the specific DSM diagnostic criteria.Use scholarly resources to support your work.Write a 3–4 page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of resources.Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M2_A2.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M2_A2.doc.Assignment 2 Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsEvaluated the pros and cons of using DSM diagnoses as the primary classification structure for clients with substance use disorders.30Chose two of the assessment types used to diagnose clients with substance use that would not only help to diagnose the substance use disorder, but would also assess the whole person, and fully explained them.30Justified the value of using assessments that evaluate the whole person rather than just the specific DSM diagnostic criteria.18Supported positions using scholarly resources.14Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.8Total:100[img alt=”” width=”220″ height=”40″ src=”http://myeclassonline.com/ec/courses/AUO_files/AUcopyright.gif”>
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.