Consider the following two scenarios:
The atmosphere at a small technology firm in California is
always confusing and chaotic. Employees are under constant pressure to
meet deadlines, and expectations frequently and suddenly change.
Despite the lack of clarity, supervisors frequently reprimand employees
for failure to perform. Supervisors often give these reprimands
publicly. Employees constantly compete for supervisor attention.
Workers at a business-consulting firm in Massachusetts do the same
job they have done in the same way they have done it for the past ten
years. Employees receive almost no supervision or feedback. Leadership
does little to promote change or foster creativity. Employees rarely
communicate with those outside of their departments. Employees work
quietly in an orderly manner but receive little stimulation.
It is likely easy to identify which of the scenarios is less
stressful. But is either environment desirable or indicative of a
Normally, the term organizational stress is a negative
concept. The majority of stress researchers have focused on personal
distress rather than on examining the positive aspect of stress called
eustress (Gibbons, Dempster, & Moutray, 2008). Scholars and
practitioners need to give more attention to the question of if and
when organizational stress can be beneficial.
Consider your experiences with stress in organizations and how you as a leader would address organizational stress.
evaluation of the impact of organizational stress. Explain whether you
think organizational stress can be positive, negative, or both.
Then, given your proposed nature of stress, explain how you as a
leader of an organization would assess and manage organizational
stress. Identify tools you would use to assess organizational stress.
Explain how you would promote or minimize stress within an
To support your position, be sure to include references to personal experience and two scholarly resources. Please you APA format and cite accordingly.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.