Assignment Instructions:For this assignment, choose one of the following American poets and one of their poems for study andanalysis:• Emily Dickinson (pp. 627-665)• Robert Frost (pp. 666-699)• Langston Hughes (pp. 700-735)After reading the background information on your chosen poet, choose the poem you want to analyzewithin the poet’s section in DiYanni and write a 2-3 page essay that answers ONE of the followingprompts:1. Discuss the values exemplified in the poem. Consider, that is, the cultural, moral, social, or ethicalnorms that either appear explicitly in the poem or are implied by it. Identify those values, relate themto your own, and comment on their significance. See Chapter 10 (pages 501-504) of Literature byDiYanni for more information.2. Analyze the elements (imagery, diction, symbolism, rhyme, etc.) of the poem. How do these poeticelements create and convey the poem’s theme (or themes)? In other words, what is the point of thepoem, and how does the author utilize the various poetic elements to get his point across? Be specific.See Chapter 12 of Literature by DiYanni for more information about the elements of poetry.3. Consider the historical and social context of the poem. How did the poet work within and/or againstthe prevailing social attitudes, moral beliefs, or cultural dispositions of his or her time? See Chapter31 (pages 1565-1567) of Literature by DiYanni for more information.See Chapters 10-13 of Literature by DiYanni for more information on reading and writing about poetry.Grading:Write a structured, organized essay with a clear thesis statement; paragraphs with unity,development, and coherence; an engaging introduction; and an effective conclusion that reiteratesyour main points. In other words, write a strong, detailed essay about the poem you choose to discuss.Revise and edit your paper thoroughly before turning it in.Remember, also, to use quotes and otherwise reference your poem, and be sure to cite any outsidesources that you reference with both in-text citations and reference page citations. Failure to citeproperly is considered plagiarism, a serious academic offense with severe penalties (as discussed in
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.