I have an assignment in physics the question on the pic IMG_5270.JPG IMG_5271.JPG
1. Determine the frequencies of red light (1 = 650 nm) and blue light
(a = 460 nm).
2. Determine the wavelength of radio waves transmitted by an FM ra-
dio station having a frequency of 89.5 MHz (1 MHz = 106 Hz).
3. The pulse shown below propagates down a rope and is reflected at a
fixed end. Sketch the shape of the reflected pulse.
4. Two pulses meet on a rope. Sketch the shape of the pulse that occurs
just as they meet and a moment later.
2. THE MYSTERY OF LIGHT
5. Lightning strikes the ground one kilometer away. (a) How long does
it take the light to reach us? (b) How long does it take the sound
(thunder) to reach us?
6. Determine the speed of light in vegetable oil and diamond if their in-
dices of refraction are 1.51 and 2.42 respectively.
7. Determine the energy of a photon of blue light (1 = 460 nm).
8. An automobile horn has a frequency of 440 Hz. What frequency is heard
when the automobile is approaching at a speed of 50 mph (23.85 m/s)?
EXPERIMENTS FOR HOME, LABORATORY,
AND CLASSROOM DEMONSTRATION
Home and Classroom Demonstration
1. Waves on a rope. Demonstrating wave phenomena with a rope is so
instructive and easy to do that you are strongly urged to do it yourself.
Just tie a length (3 to 5 meters) of clothesline rope to a wall and hold
the other end in your hand.
Move it up and down at different frequencies and observe what hap-
pens to the wavelength. Determine the number of times per second you
must move your hand up and down (the frequency, in other words) to get
the rope to vibrate in one loop (half a wavelength), two loops (one full
wavelength), three loops, and so on. If you multiply the frequency times
the wavelength in each case, what do you notice about the producte
Now try to keep the frequency the same whil.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.