Please see the attached question.optimization_of_transportation_using_excel_solver.docxConsider the following example that demonstrates optimization of transportation.
There are production facilities in Battle Creek, Cherry Creek, and Dee Creek with annual capacities of
500 units, 400 units, and 600 units, respectively. The annual demands at warehouses in Worchester,
Dorchester, and Rochester are 300 units, 700 units, and 400 units, respectively. The table below
gives the unit transportation costs between the production facilities and the warehouses.
How much of the demand at each of the warehouses must be met by each of the production
This problem can be modeled as a linear programming model as follows:
Xbw = # of units to be transported from Battle Creek to Worchester
Xcw = # of units to be transported from Cherry Creek to Worchester
Xdw = # of units to be transported from Dee Creek to Worchester
Xbd = # of units to be transported from Battle Creek to Dorchester
Xcd = # of units to be transported from Cherry Creek to Dorchester
Xdd = # of units to be transported from Dee Creek to Dorchester
2 QSO 635 Module Seven
Xbr = # of units to be transported from Battle Creek to Rochester
Xcr = # of units to be transported from Cherry Creek to Rochester
Xdr = # of units to be transported from Dee Creek to Rochester
Minimize total annual transportation cost ($):
= 20*Xbw + 10*Xcw + 15*Xdw + 30*Xbd + 5*Xcd + 12*Xdd + 13*Xbr + 17*Xcr + 45*Xdr
Xbw + Xcw + Xdw ≥ 300 (demand at Worchester)
Xbd + Xcd + Xdd ≥ 700 (demand at Dorchester)
Xbr + Xcr + Xdr ≥ 400 (demand at Rochester)
Xbw + Xbd + Xbr ≤ 500 (capacity at Battle Creek)
Xcw + Xcd + Xcr ≤ 400 (capacity at Cherry Creek)
Xdw + Xdd + Xdr ≤ 600 (capacity at Dee Creek)
Xbw, Xcw, Xdw, Xbd, Xcd, Xdd, Xbr, Xcr, and Xdr are ≥ 0
Xbw, Xcw, Xdw, Xbd, Xcd, Xdd, Xbr, Xcr, and Xdr are integers
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.