essay about personal identity.read prompt.Essay One: Identity
As a class we have discussed various interpretations of the term “identity;” now is your
chance to explore and convey how you understand the concept. Is identity deep, spiritual,
and internal—something we are born with? Or is identity more tangible, something we
simply shift and use to influence or connect with others?
Dealing with these ideas, what do you use to define yourself (OR what defines you)? Is it
your language? Your social circle? Nationality? Expression though art? Your idol? A
sport or hobby? A familial role? Your favorite movie? A musical genre?
For this essay, I want you to have some freedom. Identity (by definition) is a personal
topic, and I’d like this assignment to reflect that spirit of personality—you can really
make whatever sort of statement you’d like, so long it is specific and focused.
Simply stated, write an essay about your personal identity. You can use these questions as
guidance: How it was formed? How/why did you embrace this identity? What does this
identity say about you? Was it formed by birth, culture, choice or a mixture? How did
you come to this realization? Use these questions as guidance as you move forward.
This essay can range from a variety of approaches:
A narrative detailing a moment that defined a part of your identity or shaped who
Detailing/analyzing your identity to your audience aka “who I am”
Focusing on a part of your identity: sports fandom, societal role, etc.
Surprise me! It’s your paper.
Stipulations for Essay 1:
Each essay MUST have a clear, identifiable thesis (dominant impression).
The use of first person (i.e. “I” “me,” “mine”) is both acceptable and expected in this
essay. Use of the second person (“you,” your,”) to describe humans in general terms
i.e. “It’s a pain when you have to go to the DMV,” is discouraged. Avoid second
With your approach, make sure you are comfortable talking about it with your peers.
Each essay must be at least 3-5 pages in length, and in proper MLA format. Any
paper not meeting the length requirements will lose significant points.
Each essay must have a centered creative title. Do not underline it. And please make
the most of it—do not just call this essay “Bowling,” or “Essay 1.” Please.
Peer Review (bring two copies of your draft to class): 2/24
Final Draft: 2/26
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.