Need this questions answered onlinemat1033_ch2dislab_fall2015.pdfDAYTONA STATE COLLEGE ONLINE INTERMEDIATE ALGEBRA
CHAPTER 2 DISCUSSION LAB
Directions: In order for your discussion lab to be accepted for grading it must be saved
in the correct format and named properly. Refer to your Course Addendum, available at
class.daytonastate.edu, for more details.
A student is asked to solve
2x – 5 < 5x – 11 for x and does the following: 2x – 5x – 5 < 5x – 5x – 11 -3x – 5 < -11 -3x – 5 + 5 < -11 + 5 -3x < 6 x < -2 At what steps did the student make a mistake? Explain in your own words what went wrong and why it is wrong. Make sure that you analyze the entire problem as there may be multiple mistakes. What is the correct answer? Problem 2 The cost C of producing x number of scientific calculators is given by : C = 4.50x + 3000 and the revenue R from selling them is given by: R = 16.50x. a) Find how many calculators must be sold to break even by setting C=R and solving for x. b) Find how much money is needed to produce the break-even number of calculators. 1 c) Explain in your own words what happens if a company makes and sells fewer products than the break-even number. d) Explain in your own words what happens if more products than the break-even number are made and sold. Problem 3 A student is asked to solve the equation 3(x – 3v) = 5 + 7v for v and does the following: 3x – 9v = 5 + 7v -9v = 5 + 7v – 3x v= 5 + 7v -3x -9 At what steps did the student make a mistake? Explain in your own words what went wrong and why it is wrong. Make sure that you analyze the entire problem as there may be multiple mistakes. What is the correct answer? Problem 4 For what value(s) of c will the equation |ax+b| = c have a) one solution? b) no solution? c) two solutions? 2 Purchase answer to see full attachment
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.