Read the follow scenario and and answer this question: The question: Explain why/how the two cases are different in terms of signaling pathways.Scenario: Water soluble hormones cannot cross the plasma membrane of a target cell, whereas lipid soluble hormones can cross the plasma membrane of a target cell. Thus, water soluble and lipid soluble hormones have to work through different processes to have their effect on their target cells.Rebecca, is a 48-year-old woman who has lost a lot of weight in the past 6 months. She claims this is surprising due to her voracious appetite. She complains of her heart racing in her chest, difficulty concentrating, and nervousness. She claims that she can no longer tolerate heat, even though she is a native of Phoenix! Her eyes are protruding, a condition called exophthalmos. Examination shows an enlarged thyroid gland. Doctor’s find that Rebecca’s T3/T4 levels are elevated above the normal homeostatic range.Robert is a 54-year-old man who reports that he has been experiencing what he calls “panic attacks.” His heart beat races and even feels like it is pounding in his chest. He complains of throbbing headaches, cold hands and cold feet, and feeling hot. At the clinic, Robert’s systolic blood pressure is 225 mmHg and his diastolic blood pressure is 135 mmHg. Urinalysis shows elevated levels of metanephrine, normetanephrine, and vanillylmandelic acid (VMA).
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.