Assessment MattersAs a teacher, you need to have solid knowledge of formative and summative assessment and how each can help you ensure students are mastering key contents and skill. You also need to be able to take the information gleaned from assessments and make decisions that support the learning of all your students. This week, you will build on your previous assignment from last week and integrate the knowledge from your research and the readings. Watch the following videos:Rick Wormeli: Formative and Summative AssessmentTEDxSoCal – Dr. Brian Stecher – Cultivating Thriving SchoolsBoth videos examine the role of accountability and how they can and do impact our work in schools. Brian Stecher specifically discusses three indicators that drive everything that happens in schools, while Rick Wormeli outlines how different types of knowledge are assessed.In this assignment, please address the following topics and questions:Analyze the roles of assessment and evaluation in school improvement and in measuring educational quality.Examine and explain your perspectives on the roles and trends related to assessment in education.Evaluate the value of both types of assessment and, specifically, the role you see assessment playing in your classroom.Evaluate the roles of both formative and summative assessment in the classroom. How does each form of assessment support learning? In what ways can the teacher use the data from assessments to influence learning in the classroom?Review your work from your Week Four Assignment and provide specific details of what you see as the next step in developing an assessment for the Common Core State Standard you identified in the activity you presented. Please support your claims and assertions with the literature, using the course textbook, the videos, and resources for this week, as well as at least one other peer-reviewed article from the Ashford University Library. You must have three to five references total and use in-text citations throughout your paper. Please format your assignment, citations, and references in APA style. This assignment should be four to five pages in length, in addition to title and reference pages. Be sure to also save a copy of your assignment for your Final Project and for future professional development.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.