Discuss how utilitarians
balance pleasure and pain. Using both Rachels’ work and the article on pleasure,
determine whether all pleasures and suffering are equally weighted, or some
pleasures and sufferings weigh more than others.
In each discussion forum, the object is to increase
understanding of many different ethical views. Keep in mind the Principle of Charity. We have a responsibility to be open to new ideas about
ethics here, just as you each have a responsibility to be open to your patients’
views. This openness includes the new theories introduced each week and the
participants’ views expressed in the forum. Seek to understand a view or concept
before criticizing it. If your understanding is incomplete, ask respectful
questions targeted at the ideas, and not the person expressing them. Answer
questions honestly and with respect. We also have a responsibility to express
our own views in such a way that invites discussion. Avoid stereotypes and
labelling groups or people, discussing ideas respectfully without use of
irrelevant information about the arguer. Avoidance of the ad hominem fallacy is
crucial to ethical discussion.
Incorporate at least one piece
of support from this week’s reading assignment(s), cited and referenced Using
Reference your sources at the
bottom of your post.
This post must be 250-350
words. Neither the quotation, nor references count toward the word
count.Readings and Required
Rachels, J. & Rachels, S. (2015). The elements of moral philosophy (8th
ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education. — Chapter 7 (pp. 99-110) and
Chapter 8 (pp. 111-125)
Purtilo, R. B. & Doherty, R. F. (2011). Ethical dimensions in the health
professions (5th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders. — Chapter 4,
Paying Attention to Outcomes on p. 92, “Utilitarianism” on p. 92, “Duties,
Consequences and a Caring Response” on p. 93 Web
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.