Read the “Sidebar 20.6″700- to 1,050-words in which you analyze the sexual harassment issues presented in scenario. Analyze each of the elements of this case: the applicable defenses and the basis for the court’s ruling. Analyze the possible liability in this case if the sexual harasser(s) were an independent contractor versus an employee. Cite to at least three peer-reviewed sources. Format APA guidelines.sidebar 20.6Vulgar Workplace Language & Sexual HarassmentCan vulgar language, even if it is not specificallydirected at an individual, be actionable as sexualharassment under Title VII? Yes—according to the11th Circuit Court of Appeals. The plaintiff, IngridReeves, worked at a sales company, C.H. Robinson.Reeves alleged that she was subjected to hearing hermale co-workers call other women names such as“b***h,” “wh**e” and “c**t” on a daily basis. She alsoclaimed that there were repeated vulgar discussionsabout female body parts and a pornographic imageof a woman in the office. Reeves complained to herco-workers, her supervisor, and top company executives,but the offensive conduct was “accepted andtolerated.”According to the 11th Circuit, “if Reeves’s accountis to be believed, C.H. Robinson’s workplace was morethan a rough environment—indiscriminately vulgar,profane, and sexual. Instead, a just reasonably couldfind that it was a workplace that exposed Reeves todisadvantageous terms or conditions of employmentto which members of the other sex were not exposed.”Moreover, the court stated that it was no defense toassert “that the workplace may have been vulgar andsexually degrading before Reeves arrived.”For more information, see, Reeves v. C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.,07-10270 (11th Cir. Jan. 20, 2010), available at www.ca11.uscourts.gov/opinions/ops/200710270op2.pdf.>> sidebar 20.6
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.