of an Individual Comic Strip or Political Cartoon cartoon_analysis.docxWriting Assignment: Comic Strip or Political Cartoon Analysis
Analysis of an Individual Comic Strip or Political Cartoon
Choose one comic strip or political cartoon. If you visit the website of a newspaper such as
The Baltimore Sun, The New York Times, The Washington Post, etc., you should be able to
search for comic strips or political cartoons easily.
Which techniques does the creator of the comic strip use? How does the creator make his/her
point in the comic strip? What do we learn about the characters and/or ourselves from this comic
strip or political cartoon? If colors are available, what do they tell us about this comic or cartoon?
What language is used and how can that be interpreted?
And importantly, which of the key terms from the topic lesson can you discuss in your analysis?
For example, how do elements of imagery, symbolism, metaphor, and/or irony help reveal the
As with all academic essays you write in this course, this essay should have a well-defined
introduction with a thesis statement, body, and conclusion.
In essence, what are some of the physical elements present in the cartoon —characters, text,
colors, etc., along with figurative elements such as metaphor and symbolism, that help to
explain the cartoon’s message? It can be helpful to focus on a single element in the cartoon in
its own body paragraph (include the element in the topic sentence and in the thesis) and describe
how it portrays the cartoon’s message before moving to the next cartoon feature in a new
Sample Thesis Statement:
“John Smith uses (add one element from the cartoon), (add a second element from the cartoon),
and (add a third element from the cartoon) to show (add the cartoon’s message).”
The guidelines for this assignment are as follows:
Length: This assignment should be at least 800 words.
Header: Include a header in the upper left-hand corner of your writing assignment with the
•Your first and last name
•Course Title (Composition II)
•Assignment name (i.e, Cartoon Analysis)
•MLA-style source documentation and Works Cited2
•Your last name and page number in the upper-right corner of each page
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.