looking for information about a particular issue, evaluating the
sources you find in order to determine their credibility is essential.
This assignment asks you apply the critical thinking questions for
evaluating sources discussed in Chapter 5 of the webtext AND the “7 Key Points” outlined in the video: “A Consumer’s Guide to Sourcing in News Reports” from The News Literacy Project website at http://www.thenewsliteracyproject.org/learn-channel/sourcing/ For this assignment, you are asked to write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you: 1. Select one of the issues from the ProCon.org website at http://www.procon.org/. 2. Research the Internet to obtain 5 websites that address the issue you selected. 3. Apply “7 Key Points” outlined in the video to each of the 5 websites. 4. Indicate whether each of the 5 sites is a credible resource on the issue and explain your rationale. The paper should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing: ·Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph. ·Address main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences. ·Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling. Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements: ·Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides;citations and references must follow APA Style format. ·Include
a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover
page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment
page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are: ·Identify the informal fallacies, assumptions, and biases involved in manipulative appeals and abuses of language. ·Create written work utilizing the concepts of critical thinking. ·Use technology and information resources to research issues in critical thinking skills and informal logic. Grading
for this assignment will be based on quality, logic / organization, and
language and writing skills, using the rubric in the course guide.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.